1. If I could guarantee that the Fashion Police would not lay the smackdown on you, which favorite out-of-style article of clothing do you wish you could wear right now? (and if you have photos of you wearing it, post 'em)
Let's see... I'd love to shock everyone by wearing the two piece bathing suit I bought when I was um... 21 or 22. It isn't a string bikini, nor one of the new tankinis, but somewhere between the two. It covered enough that I looked good in it, and it was pink (yes pink) and black. However, the only person who ever saw it is Dave, who egged me on to buy it. And I'd bet he doesn't even remember it. *smiles*
I swear, if I can ever be that small a size again, I'm wearing it, just once, just to do it.
2. In your opinion, who is famous but shouldn't be?
*raises eyebrow* I think I could probably come up with a lot of people for this one... including half of Hollywood. In the interest of not boring people to death, I'll not climb up on my soap box and let this one slide...
3. Are there any new movies or TV shows that you are forward to this fall?
Ooh, new season of Angel!!! I actually think that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. I am SO far out of the loop with the media...
4. If you had a time machine that you could use only one time (there and back), where would you go and what would you do?
*wrinkles nose* This... this is a really difficult choice. And I honestly don't know. There are so many different things in history that I would want to see. I think, in some strange way, it would be theatre. The ability to see a play performed in its original manner... Shakespeare perhaps, Midsummer Night's Dream.
5. What cologne of perfume do you like to wear? Which brand do you prefer that your partner wear?
NONE. Cologne/perfume makes my nose tickle. Eyuck.
6. Do you recall your first "French kiss?" Tell me about how that felt, and how it came about. Do you like them?
I am so not going there again. *laughs* I've now blogged about Steve, my first boyfriend, twice at least. And told the full stories of Steve eating kumquats and then shoving his tongue down my throat (and my subsequent loathing of kumquats). Suffice to say that done right it might be appealing. But I have no clue how *right* is done for a French Kiss. Its not unappealing with Kev, but not my favorite activity, either. Although I still find it good as an element to include in an erotic story, so it can't be all that bad an idea.
7. Excluding your partner...If you had the opportunity, who would you most like to French kiss?
Hm... *thoughtful look* I can't think of a single answer to this that won't be me in trouble somehow. *chuckles* *grins* *daydreams* Okay, we'll go for a famous person (so everyone knows who they are) and choose Nicole Kidman. She is just so... um... well, there's a reason I would choose her to be the actress for Florimel in the Amber movie!! Yum!! Oh wait, Gwyneth Paltrow has potential too. Uh... I'd better stop before I really get rolling, huh?
BONUS: Can't you see that it's late at night?
*blinks* Okaaaay... that explains the sun in my eyes then...
1. Ever considered just deleting your Blog and not doing it anymore? What prompted that and what stopped you?
Nope. I think mine's too new to think about stopping yet.
2. How about a quick review of the last movie you saw?
Um, I don't know what I last watched, actually... I've already reviewed Moulin Rouge, and But I'm a Cheerleader on my blog. Hm... Pearl Harbor? Long, but excellent, and enjoyable. I'm glad we bought it. Scooby Doo? Good for the ending, and always fun to watch Sarah Michelle Gellar kicking butt. *grins* Reign of Fire I thought was too slow and not entertaining, but I know other people who liked it.
3. What's your favorite gadget? Are you lusting for any new ones? Will you ever be satisified???
My BLACKBERRY, especially with Go.Web loaded. Internet any time anywhere. I'm not addicted, I'm connected!!!
*phew* Okay, got that out of my system.
Am I lusting for more? Yeah, I want my BlackBerry to be better. Want a pen interface as well as the keyboard. Would like better games. Want a phone hookup, but the network for the phone BB isn't good. *sighs*
Will I ever be satisfied? *chuckles* Not until the direct wireless uplink is installed in my brain...
4. Saturday night I played "UNO" for the first time in years, I mean it has been over 10 years since I played it. It was great fun, but it really made me want to learn how to play Backgammon again. What "table game" do you enjoy playing most with other people? Have you played it lately?
Pinochle. And not recently enough. *pouts*
5. About a year ago I was obsessed with losing weight, and I dropped pretty low before I got a handle on things (I've actually gained about 8 pounds of it back, and it is still a struggle sometimes to not try to loose it). Thankfully, I like fattening sweets and buttery popcorn too much to live like that for too long. Have you ever been obsessed with something so much that it was close to causing you physical or mental harm? If not, have you known anyone else who has?
I come from a long line of addictive personalities. For all I joke about it, realistically, I AM addicted to the net. I do it at times I probably shouldn't, and I go nuts when I can't get to it. However, I'm aware of it and try to work around it. Many of my family are alcoholics. I've seen the damage addiction can do. I won't lose my family and friends to my net... the people are far more important. As long as I can keep priorities in order, I'm fine.
6. Did you grow up in a family or community that displayed racist or prejudice attitudes? Did it influence you in any way, either toward or away from those views? How did you manage to avoid it, or did you?
My family is about as unprejudiced as it can get. I think I'm pretty good about it myself. I just don't have patience with prejudice or racism or well, idiocy. Thay would be my big prejudice I guess. I can't stand dealing with people who don't listen and are unwilling to learn.
7. Good grief, I am starving! You got anything to eat around here?
Grapes. Y'know that diet you were on? I've still got an awful lot of my weight to lose...
BONUS: What did you tell them?
*looks right* *looks left* Nothing. Never tell them anything.
1. Do you remember your first encounter with computers? Tell me about that.
My first encounters with computers are all sort of jumbled up inside my head. I think it was Julie's TRS-80 that was the first... I think hers came before my own. *thinks* Yes, yes, that was it. I went over to my new best friend's house, when I was in seventh grade, and she had a TRS-80 Model 1. We played the classic Adventure game that afternoon, and she showed me Eliza, and we were in stitches trying to get really silly answers out of that.
You know Eliza, right? The original online psychiatrist. It was a very simple basic program that tried to be a psychiatrist -- basically, it asked questions, and it would say "how do you feel about that?" to your answers. Sometimes the way it would turn a statement into a question was riotous. In those innocent years, it seemed almost like AI.
Then there was the classic Adventure. With two word commands -- "Get Key", "Go North", "Kick Gnome" -- it was about as simple as it could get. But that was the classic, and in part, it became a large part of my eventual introduction to roleplaying when Julie and I began to write our own adventure games and play them without the computer.
2. How late can you stay up and still be functional the next day? Do you do that very often?
About 1am, if I get to sleep consistently until 6 or 7. Much later if I can sleep later. Do I do it often? All too often, probably. I usually don't go to bed until midnight or so. This is probably bad, since I tend to operate on 4-6 hours of sleep a night regularly.
I am all too familiar with the symptoms of sleep deprivation.
3. When was the last really good hug you got from another adult? Who was it and what was the situation?
This sounds like you're looking for more than the last walk-by hug I got from my husband. *smiles* When? Dunno... I honestly, don't know.
4. One thing about children is that they all like to draw. We all shared the same ability and skill level at one time. Do you still like to draw? (Not do you think you draw well, or do others, but do you like to?) If not, how come? Did you get discouraged at some point?
I still love to draw. I doodle when I am sitting places sometimes, but I've actually tried to stop that habit just because I end up with all kinds of doodles in all sorts of strange places like my planner at work.
I used to try to draw, in a rather cartoony style, and sell the artwork at SF cons. I'm not THAT good, though. Which is a pity. There are all these things in my head that I just can't get out!!
5. I way overslept today. I had to head to work with no shower (don't get too close), and I am not in the best of moods. Have you ever overslept on a day you had something important going on? What's the story there?
*laughs* Constantly. I'm not a morning person. At all. In fact, just last week I wasn't to work until almost 9am twice because I managed to either sleep through my alarm or more likely, turn it off in my sleep. I had to cut corners by having Ryan eat at daycare instead of at home. Dani won major points by being a good girl and getting herself ready all by herself those days.
6. Ever go shopping for something you know you can't afford? You look at it and even think about how it will look when you get it home, somehow you justify the cost and believe it can happen? And just before you get to the counter come to your senses? What was the last thing you almost bought, but thought better of it? And why the heck do we do that to ourselves?
I can't even think of a single example of this. It happens all the times. And almost as often I give in to impulse and buy it anyway (I'm a bad influence on people -- don't go shopping with me if you don't want to buy those things you think about but don't think you should).
7. (It begins again...) It's all such a blur now. I'd asked you to help me wake up but the alarm didn't go off. It was 10 till and just I knew I'd be late. Somehow you got me here on time. How did you do that?
Didn't happen. You're still dreaming.
BONUS: Can't you see, you belong to me?
Somehow this sets off the Liana voices in my head... she who changes the lyrics of "Eternal Flame" from "You belong with me" to "You belong to me" whenever I'm singing it...
1. Have you ever sold anything through an online auction? What did you sell and did you make very much?
Nope, never. I keep *wanting* to do it, but never get around to actually *doing* it. Like all those ancient Magic cards I've got...
2. Have you ever bought anything through an online auction? How was your experience?
Yes, but only once so far! I bought the Saint Seiya DVDs, which are hysterical from the translations (done from Japanese to English by people who speak Chinese *giggles*). The transaction was fine -- I got what I wanted, it wasn't TOO expensive, really, and it arrived promptly. I then stopped looking at EBay again before I tried to buy MORE things!
3. Do you like the sun? Getting a suntan? Have you ever had a bad sunburn?
Have I ever had a bad sunburn? *dry laughs* Oh gods, yes. I burn like crazy. My skin will crisp up completely at the drop of a hat. When I was a kid I used 15 SPF which was *high* for then, and I could still burn through it. I've burned while wearing fishnet tights (in a parade for baton twirling) which was just annoying. I've burned my shoulders so badly I couldn't raise my arms.
But do I like the sun? As long as I've got good shades on, sure. I don't sunbathe -- that's not my style. And I like a good breeze -- I'm not fond of getting really *hot*. And surprisingly enough, this year I've been taking so many walks and working in my garden so much, that I've got a (Very) faint tan on my arms and even have a white mark for my wedding ring!
4. Are you a vegetarian? Why? If not, have you ever considered it?
Am I? No, I like meat too much. Have I considered it? Yeah, who on a diet doesn't? But my husband would never give up meat. Still, we eat more healthily than we used to, and I've even found some versions of tofu that he will eat. So we are closer than we were, but we certainly aren't completely vegetarian.
5. Suppose you are getting into your car after you've just made your purchase from a store you visit twice a week. You suddenly realize you had a .35¢ item in your hand and you forgot to pay for it. What would you do next? (what *would* you do, not what *should* you do)
I'd go in and drop off the 35 cents on the counter, then duck out again. I get guilty very easily... which is good for my ethical health, I suppose. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but I'd do it.
6. Sometimes it seems that there is just not enough time to do everything that must be done. Was there anything you wanted to accomplish this weekend that didn't get done?
Yeah, finishing putting up the stakes for my garden! My cucumbers are getting out of control and attacking the beans and must be confined!
7. What is your favorite game to play with a group and/or an individual? (board game, computer game, athletic, etc.)
Er, I'm a roleplayer. So that would be it, overall, I'm certain. *smiles* Choose a decent roleplaying game, and I'm happy. If I have to choose something else, I'm really into card games, especially pinochle. Playing partner pinochle is like a big treat for me. There are also a host of board games I enjoy (Eurorails and Iron Dragon top that list, I think).